World Karate Martial Arts Organization (WKMO), with registered office at Switzerland, 6900 Lugano, via Pretorio 13, registered under number che-211-931.895 with the Register of Commerce of Canton Ticino, (hereafter "WKMO") is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information that is provided to WKMO or collected by WKMO during the performance of its activities. WKMO processes personal information in accordance with the Swiss Data Protection Act and to the extent applicable the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- Data Controller
World Karate Martial Arts Organization (WKMO), with registered office at Switzerland, 6900 Lugano, via Pretorio 13, registered under number che-211-931.895 with the Register of Commerce of Cantone Ticino is the data controller of your personal information provided to WKMO or collected by WKMO during the performance of its services.
- Personal data WKMO processes
Personal data WKMO processes about you includes:
- Your name and contact details (for example name, address, phone number or email address), and other basic information;
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected as part of WKMO’s on-boarding process;
- Information provided to WKMO for the purposes of attending stage, seminars and events;
- Information in relation to materials and communications WKMO sends to you electronically, for example your use of marketing e-mails;
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to WKMO.
WKMO collects this information when:
You send information request to WKMO through its website www.wkmo.org (hereafter “Website”), filling in the application form by inserting your personal data;
- You interact with WKMO, for example when you communicate with WKMO’s staff, sign up to receive information by e-mail, or participate at stage, seminar or other event;
- WKMO may collect personal data from other sources for example to keep your information up to date using publically available sources;
- Information request: when you access the WKMO’s information request, a session cookie will be placed on your computer. The cookie assists in the online application process and will be deleted when you close your browser;
- Social plugin: WKMO uses a plugin for the social networks that you can recognize by the logo which is placed on the Website. If you interact with these social networks, the relevant information will be forwarded and your visit recognized by these social networks.
You can change your browser settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. Please note that if you decide to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain functions of the Website or marketing communications. By continuing to use the Website without changing your settings you consent to WKMO uses of cookies.
- WKMO’s basis for processing your personal information
WKMO will only use your personal information if and to the extent that applicable law allows. WKMO will therefore process your personal information if:
- It is necessary for the performance of a service with you;
- It is necessary in connection with a legal obligation;
- You have given your consent (where necessary) to such use or to share your information with WKMO; or
- If WKMO or a third party have a legitimate interest which is not overridden by your interests or your rights and freedoms.
- How and why WKMO may share your personal information and countries WKMO transfers your personal data to
WKMO may share your personal data with trusted third parties including:
- Suppliers to whom WKMO outsources certain support services;
- IT service providers;
- Third parties engaged in the course of the services WKMO provides you, with your prior consent;
- Third parties involved in hosting or organizing events or seminars.
WKMO may transfer your personal data to recipients abroad, including in countries that do not provide the same level of protection as EU and Swiss laws. WKMO will usually do so on the basis that such a transfer is necessary for the performance of a service with the data subject(s).
- How WKMO protects your personal information
WKMO has put in place appropriate security measures to hold your personal information securely in electronic and physical form to protect it from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss. WKMO’s premises are access controlled and surveyed by video recording where required and WKMO’s electronic databases require logins and password authentication.
WKMO’s partners, staff and third party service providers who have access to confidential information (including personal information) are subject to confidentiality obligations.
- How long WKMO keeps your personal data
WKMO will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. WKMO will further retain your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Your rights
You have rights that you can exercise under certain circumstances in relation to the personal information that WKMO holds. These rights are to:
- Request access to your personal information and certain information in relation to its processing;
- Request rectification of your personal information;
- Request the erasure of your personal information;
- Request that WKMO restricts the processing of your personal information; and
- Object to the processing of your personal information.
If you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once WKMO has received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, WKMO will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless WKMO have another legitimate basis for doing so.
World Karate Martial Arts Organization (WKMO)
Via Pretorio 13
You will not, in general, have to pay a fee to exercise any of your individual rights. However, WKMO may charge a fee for access if the relevant data protection legislation allows WKMO to do so, in which case WKMO will inform you as required by the law.
If you feel WKMO has not handled your query or concern to your satisfaction you can contact the competent data protection authority, in Switzerland the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
29 January 2019